Calendula (Pot Marigold) is well known for it’s healing properties. It has anti-viral, anti-genotoxic, and anti-inflammatory properties, and is used to treat nappy rash, skin irritations, acne, bites and rashes. You can buy calendula cream from a health food store, or you can make it, pure and for much cheaper.
What you need:
- Pot Marigold flowers (easy to grow in pots or your garden)
- A few used but clean jars
- Almond oil – you can get food grade almond oil from Indian supermarkets, or buy online (if nut allergy you can use olive oil)
- Beeswax (optional)
- Dry the marigolds completely, out of the sun (We tie ours up above our woodburner for a few weeks)
- Pull the petals off and stuff as many of as you can into a clean, dry jar
- Cover with the oil and tighten lid
- Keep in a cool dark place, give it a shake or turn it over onto it’s lid every couple of days
- When oil has gone a brilliant orange, it is ready to use. No need to take petals out if you don’t want to.
- Label and enjoy!!!