I can honestly say that I think I’d be a terribly frustrated mum if I didn’t have my baby carriers! You do not have to get the most expensive, or even buy them new. Here is an excellent babywearing swap group where I got both my sling and my carrier second hand. You can even join your local Sling Meet and try a selection of different slings before deciding what to buy. Here are some top reasons to sling your baba:
- Baby loves nothing more than being close to you.
- In a sling baby can hear the heartbeat it has known throughout pregnancy.
- A sling reduces crying and reflux/colic symptoms
- There’s no trying to get awkward prams through shop doors or over bumpy ground
- You can keep up with your other child, and hold his/her hand, no stress
- You can still do household jobs using both hands!
- Your heartbeat helps regulate baby’s heartbeat
- Baby’s temperature is regulated and feels safe and calm closer to your body
- You can breastfeed on the move
- Your partner, family or friends have an opportunity to carry and be close to your baby too