Some ideas for calming a fussy baby:
- Get an amber teething necklace. Amber is a resin and works by releasing succinic acid, with it’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, onto warm skin. Have a look at our lovely genuine Baltic amber necklaces here.
- Get some Nelsons Teetha – homeopathic camommila for teething.
- Wear baby in a soft comfy sling – babes love being close to mum or dads hearts. Choose a sling or carrier that spreads babies weight evenly over both your shoulders and has a support across the lower back (You can join your local slingmeet to test a few)
- Sing…babies don’t care if it’s off key, they love the sound of your voice
- Rock, pat, dance, talk gently
- Breastfeed -and don’t worry -babies can’t overfeed on the breast!
- Take baby for a walk (my three are complete nature babies, they nearly always settle when we take them outdoors)
- Drink chamomile tea..it’ll soothe your frazzled nerves, and if you’re breastfeeding it’ll work it’s magic on bubba too! (buying it loose leaf from a health food shop is cheapest, and you can get the quantity right – a teaspoon per cup)
- Put a pot of chamomile tea in baby’s bath. Being in water can also be comforting and soothing.
- Burn a couple of drops of lavender oil in an oil burner, or put a couple of drops in babys bath
- Gentle baby massage, if baby likes it!
Do you have anymore natural tips?